In Alaska State inmates are kept in federal prisons and in Alaska state prisons. Other prisons includes respective county, city, police and military prisons.
The Alaska Department of Corrections maintains the record of all inmates serving their sentence in Alaska state prisons. Any body can easily search the inmates present in AK state prisons through the record maintained by Alaska DOC.
The inmates serving in federal prisons located within the territory of Alaska state is maintained by Federal Bureau of Prisons and can be searched easily through BOP website managed by Federal BOP.
Other than federal and state prison Alaska state also have county jail, city jail, police department jail, state prison administration, military prison, US bureau of indian affairs (BIA). The inmate database is maintained by respective jail department.
Alaska State Jails
The Alaska State currently take the inmates to different jails. The inmate database is maintained by respective jail department.
Top Crimes in Alaska State
As per official records, the Alaska state has arrest rate of 40 criminals per 1000 people. The national average arrest rate is 36 criminals per 1000 people. So arrest rate of Alaska state is higher than the national arrest rate.
The list of most committed crimes in Alaska state are given below with number of times the crime is reported.
|Drug Abuse Violations||1006|
Alaska DOC Inmate Lookup
Alaska Department of Correction does not provide an online service to search the inmates. That is either due to incompetency or due to inmate’s privacy. However one can get the record by calling the Alaska DOC Research and Records department.
Here is the details of relevant staff members:
|Name||Mary Anne Howerter||Michael Matthews|
|Designation||Criminal Justice Technician II Records||Research Analyst|
|[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Phone #||(907) 465-3485||(907) 465-3313|
You can also get the details by mail. Here is the mailing address; P.O. Box 112000 Juneau, Alaska 99811-2000
Alaska Department of Corrections is also providing victim notification service. With this service victim can claim the offender pictures and also entitled to received notifications in case of offender custody status changes. These notifications includes
- 30 days advance notification of the offender’s release from custody
- Notification if offender is escapes from custody
- Notification if offender is considered for pre-release furlough
- Notification if offender is scheduled for a hearing to consider revocation of discretionary parole
- Notification if offender is considered for special medical parole or a discretionary parole
- Notification if offender has filed a petition for a reduction / modification of sentence in court
- Notification if any executive clemency is applied on offender like a pardon from the Governor